Entries open: 30 November 2017
Race date: Saturday 20 October 2018
Distances: Marathon, Half Marathon, 10km, Kid's Run
Start times: 7:30am Marathon, 8:15am Half Marathon, (TBC) 10km, 1:00pm Kid's Run
Finish line: Peter Lehmann Wines, Para Rd, Tanunda, SA 5352
Barossa Valley Check-in: Friday 19 October 11:00am - 9:00pm at the Old Redemption Building, Peter Lehmann Wines, Para Rd, Tanunda, SA 5352.
Adelaide Check-in: Friday 19 October 11:00am - 9:00pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 16 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide, SA 5000.
Please note Check-In times are subject to change. 2018 Check-In times will be available prior to entries opening on Thursday 30 November.
30 Nov 11am - 19 Jul 11:59pm
20 Jul 12:00am - 20 Sept 11:59pm
21 Sept 12:00am - 19 Oct close of Check-In
|Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee||Price||Price inc. 8% Active Fee|
|Marathon (18+ years)||$120.00||$129.60||$135.00||$145.80||$150.00||$162.00|
|Half Marathon (16+ years)||$90.00||$97.20||$100.00||$108.00||$115.00||$124.20|
|10km (7+ years*)||$45.00||$48.60||$50.00||$54.00||$55.00||$59.40|
|Kids Run (5 - 12 years)||$25.00||$27.00||$25.00||$27.00||$30.00||$32.40|
Age in years as at race day.
Please Note: All entry fees are shown in Australian dollars and include GST and all times are AEST. Onsite Entries are available up until Check-in closes or once the event is sold out. Entries for personalised bibs (name) closes at 5pm 21 September 2018. Entrants after this will not have a name printed on their bib.
Active Fee is the total process fee imposed by The ACTIVE Network, LLC, or its applicable subsidiary, (collectively ACTIVE) including sums charged by ACTIVE as consideration for providing its software and services (including without limitation promotional and marketing services) to the activity organsier. THe sums, as part of the total processing fee, are in addition to any actual costs incurred by ACTIVE from third party providers for each transaction.
* Entrants under the age of 13 years must be accompanied by an adult on course at all times.
Entry Fee Includes:
- Race Number
- Timing device
- Medical support/assistance
- Aid stations on the course (with water, isotonic sports drink, toilets and first aid)
- Post-event recovery area at the finish area with food & drink
- Finishers medal
- Shuttle Bus Services for participants to the 10k Start Line from the Finish line
Refunds and Transfers
|20 November 2017||Entries Open|
|19 July 11:59pm||Early bird entries close|
|27 July 11:59pm||Refunds close|
|17 October 11:59pm||Person to Person Transfers close|
|19 October - close of Check-In||Late entries close|
|19 October - close of Check-In||Onsite entries and distance transfers close|
If you need to withdraw you can choose to either refund your entry or transfer your entry to someone else, as per the transfer and refund policies below.
Refund your entry
For Runaway Barossa Marathon, upon confirmation of a refund request, athletes may be eligible for a partial refund of their entry fee.
- Any requests received up to 12 weeks prior to the event 27 July 2018 will be eligible for a 50% refund of event entry fee paid
- Any requests received up to 6 weeks prior to the event 7 September 2018 will be eligible for a 25% refund of the event entry fee paid
- Any requests received after 6 weeks prior to the event 7 September 2018 will NOT be eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
Any additional purchases (including but not limited to) ACTIVE Fees, FinisherPix Fees paid at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
Your refund will be processed within 14 working days onto the credit card you used to register for this event. If your credit card has expired or if your credit card has been cancelled, your refund may take up to 30 days to be processed. Please forward your nominated bank account details to email@example.com, or alternatively contact our office on +61 7 54306 711 to discuss.
Transfer your entry to someone else
Participants can transfer their race entry to someone else up until 11:59pm Wednesday 17 October, 2018. No transfers will be accepted after this date.
Note: It is not permitted to transfer your race entry to someone else other than through this process, including on Race Day. It is very important for health and safety reasons for us to know the correct identity of every athlete on course, and accordingly it is strictly prohibited to race under another person's race bib. Any athletes caught doing this will be disqualified and may be prevented from entering future events.
Conditions of transfer:
- A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else to a different distance event (i.e. Full Marathon to Half Marathon).
- All Shuttle Bus tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. The person purchasing the transferred entry will need to purchase new Shuttle Bus tickets at the time of the online transfer.
- To transfer an entry to someone else the initial registrant goes to myevents.active.com and logs in using their active.com account, finds the registration they wish to transfer and clicks the link ‘Transfer the registration to another athlete’, and then follows the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will need to pay for the entry fee in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the $25.00 transfer fee.
Transfer your entry to a different event distance
Participants can request to transfer their entry between different race distances until the race is sold out. Once the race distance is sold out and entries have closed to that event, no transfers will be accepted.
Conditions of transfer:
- If you decide to upgrade your event to a longer distance and space is available, you will need to pay the difference in entry fees.
- If you decide to downgrade your event to a shorter distance event and space is available, unfortunately we are not able to refund the difference in entry fees.
If you would like to transfer between race distances please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to Thursday 18 October midnight, after this date please see Runaway Barossa Marathon Staff at Athlete Check In, Friday 19 October 11:00am-9:00pm.